I have spent more than 1/3 of my life in retail jobs, so being in a position now that I not only really like and get paid well for, but also lets me have a 4-day Thanksgiving weekend… well, add that to the tall pile of things I have to be thankful for :).
With all of this free time, I almost feel like I’m unemployed again… which is a good thing, because boredom promotes one to find ways to keep busy, and for me that means projects! Beyond normal cleaning and things (I landed on a new systematic method for arranging clothes in my closet, which excited me more than most would consider sane), I’m putting myself into some creative efforts, as well. For the 617th time since I started this blog 8 years (and 27 days) ago, I’m making an effort to put more time into my artistic works and produce more. I finally started up on a t-shirt design I’ve wanted to do for a long time — not an original work, merely altering a Godzilla poster. I’ve had the file here on my computer for a while, now, I just have to go through with it.
Always been my biggest problem.. I’m really fantastic at having ideas, and even starting them, but the follow-through? Well… 🙄
So, while today some are lounging around in a food coma, some are out shopping and taking advantage of mediocre deals, some are filling the Internet with anti-shopping cartoons and commentary, and many are actually at work, here’s what MY Black Friday activity list looks like for this year:
- Lounge about in bed for a little while – CHECK
- Send HILARIOUS Snapchat selfies to friends – CHECK
- Do laundry
- (it gets more exciting, really)
- Play Fallout 4 (see?)
- Finish my t-shirt design and find the best place to have it made for me
- Restart a digital illustration I began too long ago, with the goal of getting it printed and to a friend for Christmas
- Play more Fallout 4
- Throughout the day, continue the endeavor I started last night to FINALLY add all of my CD’s to Google Play Music
- Not work 🙂
- Prepare for this year’s Christmas card
- Look up pictures of beautiful women – CHECK; ONGOING
Hope your day/weekend is as splendid as mine, everyone, and that your Thanksgiving was a warm and enjoyable affair!