I’d spent a couple of months finishing another game, so it’d been far too long since I had played Red Dead Redemption… until now. The offering of 4x XP for the holiday was just icing on the cake of an old friend.
This is what I did in Red Dead this weekend:
– smiled the first time I saw the beautiful landscape again.
– had the wide-eyed realization that I never tried kicking little animals
– laughed victoriously as I repeatedly kicked the crap out of a chicken and all it did was cluck and send feathers everywhere.
– spent about 30 minutes kicking things.
– hijacked two horse-drawn carts, angled them into a roadblock, ducked down inside one of the carts, and “ambushed” every poor sap who tried to get through.
– finally got to ride with Danny again.
– blew Danny up.
– chased a woman out of town and watched as a cougar ran up and killed her.
– promised myself I would never go so long without spending time with this game again :).